What Is WorldSkills India?
WorldSkills India is an initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. NSDC, through its WorldSkills India initiative, has been leading the country's participation at WorldSkills International competitions since 2011.
The key objectives of WorldSkills India are to
- Promulgate skills in the society and motivate the youth to pursue vocational education.
- Champion skills and learning for work through local, regional, national and international skills competition and contribute to the society.
- Invite sponsorships to organize the local, regional, national and international skills competitions and also host international competitions.
- Establish links and a long-term association with the WSI secretariat along with development of cooperation with the Government of India, state Governments, registered vocational skills training and awarding bodies.
Role of ESSCI
- Establish linkages and contacts with various stakeholders of the industry to promote the association.
- Provide support and synergy for efforts of WorldSkills India through its Skills Development initiatives.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the participants and experts for the WorldSkills Competitions.
For any clarification or more informaton please contact: